A friend of both Lisa and I, Gwawr Jones, yesterday posted on Facebook that everything there is so serious and that it was time for a little fun. She then listed, in sets of three, names she was known by, places she had lived, and so on.
Thinking about it, I thought I would try and take it a little bit further, so here goes:
Names I go by
- Ian (well, besides ‘uncle’, the only one I admit to!)
- Uncle – to nephews/nieces, great nephews/nieces, great great nephews/nieces (ooh, feeling old now)
Some places I have lived
- Cuevas del Almanzora, Spain
- Colwyn Bay, Wales
- Clwt-y-Bont, Wales
- Fulham, London
Three of the places I have worked
- Caernarfon & Denbigh Herald – Sub-editor
- LRC Products (Durex etc) – PR Manager
- Kentish Independent – Reporter
Three organisations for which I have volunteered
- Scouts – Scout Leader, District Commissioner
- St John Ambulance – Regional PR Officer
- MS (multiple sclerosis) Synergy – Secretary
Things I love to watch
- Undercover Boss
- The Chase
- Light entertainment
- Surprise Surprise
Things I love to hear
- Country music
- 1960s music
Some places I have been
- New York
- West Berlin (while ‘wall’ still existed)
- Norwegian Fjords
- Canada, Sweden, France, Italy, Iceland
Three things I love to eat
- Paella, tapas and other Spanish food
- Chips (fries) – with or without fish
Three people I think may respond
- Lisa Franks
- Jeanie Brooks
- Meg Optional Chandler
Three things I am looking forward to
- Summer in Spain
- Using our outdoor area as extra living space
- Visiting beach on Christmas Day, maybe (depends on temperature)!
What would your list say? Please comment on my blog page www.50shadesofsun.com
FELIZ NAVIDAD, MERRY CHRISTMAS
One thought on “A bit of fun for the holiday season”
Names I go by: Lisa, Lisa Marie, Lisamarie…among others.
Places I have lived: Bronx, NY; Yonkers, NY; Fort Myers, FL; Colwyn Bay, UK; Cuevas Del Almanzora, ES.
Three places I have worked: Beall’s Department Store, Eli Research, Lee Memorial Hospital
Three organisations for which I have volunteered: Friends of Theatre Colwyn, Parkway Coffee Club, MS Synergy
Things I love to watch: Films, Old comedy series.
Things I love to hear: music, birds singing, the late rising rooster close to where we now live, waves crashing on the shore
Places I have been: Hawaii, Italy, Spain, UK, Mexico, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, California, Nevada, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, New Jersey (Including Atlantic City), and several other locations.
Things I love to eat: Spanish food, pasta, steak
Three people I think may respond: Gen Lent, Joanne Jones, Maryann Frigon
Three things I am looking forward to: Summering in the Spanish sun, Hopefully seeing more of an improvement in health for my beloved husband, our future together.